This caboose was last shopped by Kaiser Valley on 6-1932 by its original owner the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad and sometime thereafter was sold to the Morristown & Erie Railroad.
After service on the M&E, No. 4 was moved to the Black River & Western Railroad. In 1993 the BR&W donated it to the URHS who moved it to the New Hope and Ivyland Railroad for temporary storage.
In 1998 it was relocated to the Whippany Railway Museum and restored to M&E No. 1 by Steve Hepler and Charlie Berkemeyer.