In April 1954, this RDC was sold to the Central RR of NJ. Later (date?) it was sold to the New York, Susquehanna & Western Railroad. It was rebuilt by General Electric in December 1974. In April 1987, it was leased to the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. In August 1988, it was returned to NJ Transit who donated it to the museum collection in 1991. The RDC has been operationally and cosmetically restored by New York, Susquehanna & Western Technical and Historical Society who uses it for excursion service.