Of all the passenger trains that crisscrossed New Jersey, none, perhaps, are as famous, or as closely associated with the state, as the Blue Comet. The seashore train was inaugured in 1929, by the Central Railroad of New Jersey, to whisk passengers between Jersey City and Atlantic City in three hours. The train was painted Packard Blue for the sky, Jersey Cream for the sand, and Royal Blue for the sea. Each car in the consist was named for a comet. Three of these cars, the Westphal, the D’Arrest, and the DeVico have been donated to URHS by NJ Transit for preservation. All three cars have been stabilized and are stored in URHS’s Boonton Yard.